Friday, March 8, 2013

Feel-Good Friday: A Quick Pick Me Up


“If winter comes, can spring be far behind?”
― Percy Bysshe Shelley, Ode to the West Wind 
 
 
By the end of winter I'm always way down in the dumps.  I sulk around, avoid leaving the couch, resent assembling infinite layers just to deal with going outside, and especially bemoan having a hyper dog who always needs a walk.  

Although, if you check out my stylish winter gear, below, you'll see I do as much as I can to cheer myself up.




I'm not proud of my wallowing.  In fact, I know it's very self-indulgent. I know it's a blessing to have a house with heat, enough clothing to keep me warm, and a hyper dog who always needs a walk.  I need a walk as much as he does, and without him I'd be terribly negligent about taking care of myself.  

Anyway, to remind myself to count my blessings and get the most out of life, I try to think of animals and how they don't know how to feel self-pity. Click on the two pictures below to see some truly amazing things.







For some reason, the first time I watched the video of Myron I absolutely sobbed.  Here is this dog enjoying every second of his situation, with loving and responsible owners who are perfect for him. Then I saw Chica and her story and it confirmed everything that's awesome about dogs and "dog people." 

I'm going to do my best to make it through March without throwing my pity party, and after that it's all green in Pennsylvania. It's baseball season and pleasant dog walks and the ability to put my arms down at my side instead of doing a zombie walk due to winter layers.



The weather here is supposed to be semi-pleasant this weekend. Wiley and I hope to enjoy it, and I hope all of you have a great weekend too. However, don't forget your obligation to the Rescue Dog Blog:  Sleeping Pet pictures and rescue stories. If you have them, we want them!

No comments:

Post a Comment