Monday, October 20, 2014

Looking Soxy



I know my readers think Wiley is wonderfully patient for allowing me to dress him in so many silly things,  but the truth is he is normally a lunatic. Carrots are the great motivator. They persuade him to do things he would otherwise never do, including wearing these Halloween socks.


I never thought I'd see the day he let me handle his feet long enough to get socks on.



He hates to have his paws manipulated. It took months for me to be able to touch them after we first got him. Even the softest of touches would result in bared teeth.



Eventually I got him to let me trim some of the hair around them, and I can usually get a toenail or two clipped before the teeth make their appearance.



But apparently he's down with the socks.  He was surprisingly cooperative in wearing these witchy Halloween socks, and he got lots of little pieces of carrots for his troubles. 



Was it worth it?  Just look at him! Of course it was!


Share your pets' fall and Halloween pictures with the blog via email at pabibliophile@gmail.com, or through the links to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. 

Follow us on social media:
               Twitter: @RescueDogBlog
  Instagram: @rescuedogblog 

No comments:

Post a Comment