Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Welcome Owen!

Rosco is one of the first dogs I featured on the blog, and I will forever have a soft spot for him. 



I've known his mother Katie for a long time, first as one of my students, then as a friend, and now as a colleague too.



 As long as I've known her I've been telling various stories about my dogs, and she has patiently listened even though her family were never really "dog people." I guess after listening to me and our other friend Michelle (mother to Kami) go on and on about rescuing she got bitten by the bug, and went to Hillside SPCA for Rosco. 


Anyway, all that is to say that we shared this picture of Rosco way back in the spring. 



Now we are pleased to announce the moment has arrived!! 




Owen Gabriel arrived on September 12 and is settling in nicely to his new family. 




He joins mom, dad Matt, Rosco, and Moose, a kitten who came to live with Rosco this summer.


 She (yes, it's a she) is a rescue from the Hillside SPCA of course! 


When Katie and Matt went to pick a kitten Moose had "goopy" eyes and looked like she really needed someone to step in and nurture her, and that's kind of Katie's specialty.


Tiny little Moose and big lug Rosco get along great, although Rosco is so gentle with her that at times, when she's biting his tail and hanging on, Katie and Matt have to encourage him to tell her to stop.



 He mostly looks at them with a questioning expression, then licks Moose until she is too wet to keep tormenting him. 


Just two years ago Katie and Matt said "I do." 



Now they have a whole different life and they seem to be settling in wonderfully! 


I hope they keep us up-to-date as Owen and Moose get bigger and Rosco takes care of them all.  


I also just have to share this picture of Katie's sister Julia, who is spending some quality time here with both of her nephews and her niece. There are worse ways to spend an afternoon.



 Much luck and love and many blessings to Katie, Matt, Owen, Rosco, and Moose!

 Please email me with your rescue stories! pabibliophile@gmail.com





Follow us on social media:


               Twitter: @RescueDogBlog

  Instagram: @rescuedogblog





 

No comments:

Post a Comment