Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The best laid plans. . .

I had big plans for today's post. I envisioned writing a lovely tribute to Amy from Wiley since we moved her into college all day on Sunday. However, Saturday we had some family down for a picnic and so we spent the day readying our new patio, assembling furniture, cooking, and then picnicking. 

Readers, like you I'm not as young as I used to be, and two very long days back to back whooped my butt. How badly, you might ask if you were pretending to care?

Well, I started my 17th year of teaching on Monday, with an Inservice Day, which means the teachers are trained or working but the students aren't present.  Again, to reiterate, long day Saturday, long day Sunday, first day back to school after the summer on Monday.  And yet for some reason I envisioned being able to write an awesome blog Monday evening. Ha. Haha. Hahahahahahahaha. I COULDN'T EVEN MATCH MY SHOES! I literally wore two different shoes to work and didn't even notice until someone pointed it out to me a few hours into the day.

YIKES!  It's going to be a very long year at this rate.

I came home at lunch to change into a matching pair, and I kid you not, Wiley greeted me at the door, then ran in and sat on his favorite chair like this.



Look at the body language. Look at that facial expression!! I know the photo quality isn't great but I knew if I turned the lights on he'd move. Have you ever seen a dog so disgusted and ticked off at someone? He is judging me hard here. I imagine his internal monologue is as follows:

 "I see you're back to that 'job' thing you're always doing. Why? Why do you have to do that? Why can't you just stay here with me? AND WHY ARE YOU WEARING TWO DIFFERENT SHOES!?! Get it together Mom, sheesh."

Anyway, please accept my humble apology at this haphazard blog post today. It should have been something sweet and it's mostly just a documentation of my mental breakdown. BUT-I have a little something for you. Call it a bribe, a gift, a trade-off.  I have this adorable video of Rosco, whom we have featured many times here on the blog, and Wiley, on their first play date. I wasn't sure when I was going to share it so I figured there's no time like today!  (PS: When I say play date what I actually mean is that Wiley spent the first 20 minutes cowering behind me in fear, and the last 90 minutes trying to pretend Rosco didn't exist.)





As always, email your stories and Puppy Dog Eyes pictures to me at pabibliophile@gmail.com.



Follow us on social media:


Twitter: @RescueDogBlog

Instagram: @rescuedogblog

No comments:

Post a Comment