Friday, May 24, 2013

Feel-Good Friday: Vacation





Well, if you live in America and are lucky enough to have a job that allows you to celebrate Memorial Day then a LONG WEEKEND is almost here. Schwhewwww.  I didn't think I would make it. 





I can't speak for other teachers but for me during the last month of school I feel like Sisyphus. I am just perpetually rolling a rock up a hill and when I get to the top it rolls right back over me. But the end is in sight.




While other people may go away for the long weekend or plan a big picnic, Wiley and I have one major goal. RELAX. Just like this:



 I want to do as little as possible, because I have one week of school left and I need to conserve all my energy for that. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining or ungrateful. I'm. Just. Tired. Spending each day with about 175 teenagers can do that to a person.


So Wiley and I will hang out in the yard. We'll play fetch and read and draw (he doesn't read much but he is a wiz with sidewalk chalk) and maybe have some beverages.


We'll recharge our batteries and batten down the hatches for Finals Week.  Well, I will do most of the battening.  Wiley will mostly do this:



Enjoy the weekend. Make the most of it no matter how many days you have. 



 

Check in with the blog often, and if you have a little down time use it to write up your rescue story and share it with Wiley and me. Email me at pabibliophile@gmail.com




Follow us on social media:  
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rescuedogblog
Twitter: @RescueDogBlog
Instagram: @rescuedogblog  





No comments:

Post a Comment