Monday, November 25, 2013

Americana

So the awesome fall pictures continue. Today I wanted to show you a few pictures of my small town through an idyllic lens. To be fair, I don't always see it that way, but while I was walking Wiley along the river path a few weeks ago I saw a group of kids playing midget soccer on the municipal fields. Then I saw the backdrop of the church spire and the fall leaves and I thought, "Oh, what the heck. That's the beauty of an iphone with a decent camera."


You can see the steeple of the church in the center of the picture slightly to the right. You can also see the low, soft mountain in the background.  There is a hiking trail around this whole area, known locally as "the island," which I wrote about here.


This picture, above, was taken after we walked the perimeter of the island.  The river path is part of a reclamation project here in Pennsylvania that's an attempt to add more hiking paths, since part of the Appalachian Trail runs through here and we get a lot of hikers around these parts. Anyway the same steeple shows in the background here but obviously is much closer and the picture is from a different angle.



The path eventually winds under this bridge, and the river was low on this day as you can see by the puddles created to the right on the picture.


After the bridge we headed away from the path and back into civilization, with the soccer fields on our left now instead of our right. Again you can see the mountains far off in the background, but just above Wiley's head you can see the flags waving from the entrance to the municipal fields. 


So, as you can see, it seems like a perfect snapshot of small town America. Never mind that the church has been turned into apartment buildings, or that you can see garbage littering the ground under the graffitied bridge. Those problems are not unique to my little town but some of these views are.  This week I'm grateful that I live in a place where I can safely walk my dog, and I can just focus on the pretty things. Like this:


Send me your fall pics! Email me at pabibliophile@gmail.com.


Follow us on social media:  
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rescuedogblog
Twitter: @RescueDogBlog
Instagram: @rescuedogblog  

1 comment:

  1. ....and Wiley appears to be grateful to live here too. What a sweetie pie!

    ReplyDelete