Friday, January 10, 2014

Feel-Good Friday: A Dog's-Eye View




Between the post-Holiday blues, the pressures of change for the New Year, and the weather these days,  I've been feeling rather stressed. There's never enough time to get everything done that needs to be done while fitting in friends, family, and especially our fur kids. And when we're stressed, our pets feel it too.





Lucky for us, they also have remarkable ways of calming us down and comforting us.





Wiley takes this job rather seriously. He will get as close as he possibly can if he thinks I need to slow down. 


He and Jenny will also work in tandem when we need a break.



The key, I believe, is not just to let them comfort us, but also to learn to think like them.




We have to prioritize our concerns. 




We have to make time to do our favorite things. For example, while I was trying to deal with this messy pile of Christmas presents and decorations, Wiley had only one priority. Everything else could wait, he thought.


And you know what? I caved. How could I not?  I'd rather get half the pile cleaned up and then make my dog happy than save playing with him for another day that may never come. 



He would do the same for me. 




Ok, change of subject. . . . . .

Readers, if you enjoy the blog I would love if you would head over to Facebook and like our page. While you're there, could you please hit the "Follow" button, which I have identified in the picture below?


Facebook has changed the way they show posts in their users' feeds. They want us to pay to promote the posts. If not, less than 2% of the audience might see each post. This is very frustrating to me because while I used to see anywhere from 200-300 people seeing each post, now I get numbers like 50. And then Facebook urges me to "promote" the post for anywhere from $20-$100!!! I can't do that! I don't make any money from this.

So if you enjoy the blog and like to see each new post come up in your newsfeed, please hit follow. You also should "like" or "share" our posts with others, which will factor into Facebook's decision about how many people will see each one. Facebook has been a great way for me to share our stories, and this new system is very disappointing. Help us out if you can and spread the word please!

Email your rescue story to me at pabibliophile@gmail.com.


Follow us on social media:





Twitter: @RescueDogBlog

Instagram: @rescuedogblog












No comments:

Post a Comment