Friday, March 14, 2014

Feel-Good Friday

Well here in Pennsylvania the days are longer thanks to DSL, and that definitely makes me feel good. However, I am a very sensitive and light sleeper, and the slightest change to my schedule makes me miserable for two weeks. The older I get the worse it is. Now, please don't get me wrong. I do not want to spend Feel-Good Friday complaining. I'm just setting up this funny video that has been making the rounds on the internet the past few days. This is what it takes to get me out of bed once we're a few days into DSL and my schedule is totally screwed up. Click on the picture and enjoy a good laugh.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwVyCyyQIzc


Another thing about March in Pennsylvania is the instability of the weather. Mark Twain is credited with saying "If you don't like the weather in New England, just wait a few minutes."  Well that's not too far off from describing ours either. On Tuesday it was sunny and 60, on Thursday we had a low of 14 degrees with bone-chilling wind. Ugh. Still, Wiley and I took advantage of the beautiful weather to take a walk with Katie, Owen, and Rosco. Look at Wiley getting close enough to Rosco to go nose to nose!  I was so proud of him. And he needed to get a good look at Owen in the stroller too. 



And here's Wiley snuggling on my stomach as I laid on the couch. He's keeping me warm in the cold weather, but will you get a look at those puppy dog eyes?  He wanted me to play ball so badly but I was falling asleep. 



Last but not least, let me share my shameless hussy with you for a touch of Feline Friday.  She looks like a very furry pillow with a foot and eyes. And yes. . . she has put plenty of weight on since the days when we found her and we could see every rib and every bump on her back.  No she's not fat but left to her own devices she would eat nonstop. She definitely has that stray I-have-to-eat-a-lot-because-I-don't-know-where-my-next-meal-is-coming-from mentality.



Since it's Feel-Good Friday, I would really be remiss if I didn't encourage you to make sure you read/saw Wednesday's post about Chesney and the Underdog Jog.  It's very inspiring!


Annndddd. . . try to find some time this weekend to enjoy life as much as this English Bulldog. Click on the picture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZZkZPcxp_I#t=42
 


Follow us on social media:
Twitter: @RescueDogBlog
Instagram: @rescuedogblog
 Email me with your rescue story: pabibliophile@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment