Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 4th

Here comes the 4th of July and Wiley and Jenny are ready! 


 Hubs and I are ready too, I guess, although our celebrations tend to consist of watching the Nathan's Hot Dog eating contest on tv. We keep it pretty low-key.  Our little town does a fireworks display, but this year it isn't happening until July 12th. Jenny's already got her gaze skyward and ready.


I'm sure if you're a regular reader of the blog you already know this but Wiley has a message he wants to share:


Now, when I was trying to get Wiley to pose for some of his pictures he was a bit preoccupied with his ball, so you'll see it make a cameo in a few pictures.



And don't ask me what kind of face he's making here. I think it's hilarious.


Luckily Wiley is very secure in his masculinity, so when I put his bow on his head he wore it like a champ.



But in the picture below he looks just plain wistful, like he's thinking "All I want to be doing is playing ball. How many more pictures is she going to take?"



My favorite Wiley expression by far, though, is the one he is making below. This face shows up from time to time and I just want to kiss his silly red face every time I see it. It's like he's trying to pose for a very serious picture.



Jenny was her usual self, giving me dozens of potentially adorable pictures ruined by her inability to be still for longer than one hot second, so they were nearly all blurry. Plus she was super annoyed with me.


Haha, she certainly is the Yin to Wiley's Yang.  Anyway, as the holiday approaches we want to wish you all the best, and encourage you to share any patriotic pictures you have of your pets with us. Email them to me at pabibliophile@gmail.com with the name of your pet and I will happily share them here!  Keep submitting your rescue stories too, and don't forget to follow us on social media. 








No comments:

Post a Comment