Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Doggie Style: The PETSTORE



Yesterday Hubs and I had the good fortune of visiting one of our favorite couples in Philadelphia, Katie and Jackie, and spending the day with them. They live in the Newbold section of Philly, which is located near a fun string of boutique shops, cafes, and restaurants on Passyunk Avenue. That's where I discovered Doggie Style


You knew I was talking about a pet store, right?  Anyway. . . Doggie Style is not part of the evil empire of pet stores that sells puppy mill puppies. There was, however, a doggie in the window. Meet Sammy!



Sammy is a 2 year old Dachshund mix available for adoption.  Doggie Style works with Operation Ava, a Philadelphia no-kill rescue organization, to help find their babies homes.



 There are way too many more where he came from, so be sure to check this organization out. They do a lot to prevent unwanted pets through their spay/neuter program, which is so vital. 



It was tough to get just the right picture of Sammy because he wouldn't stand still long enough. He was busy wagging his tail, licking our hands, and getting his toys out to show us.  



Another pretty guest in Doggie Style was Greta. She was there with her human, just chilling while he catered to her every whim.



And speaking of catering to your pets' every whim, this store had quite the selection of treats. Of course with Hubs's background in baseball I was partial to these:



But in the end, when you're getting your pet a souvenir from Philly it has to be this:


Wiley made pretty short and slobbery work of it too.



And don't worry, I didn't forget Jenny. She got a Phillies' bow. 



I thought for sure I'd get scratched putting it on but instead I just got vigorously groomed.



I think it's helping her live up to her name: Jennyanydots!



As you may have noticed, Wiley got a snazzy new bandana. Actually, he got more than one, and I will unveil the other bold fashion statement later this week. Until then, you can enjoy him in all his Rescue Dog Blog glory.



By the way, I can't be the only one with a dog who loves nothing more than to play fetch, but will not give his ball up.  Do you have a dog who does that?  It's the silliest thing.



Wiley may not enjoy these days when we're away from home, but we always leave him in good hands and spoil him rotten once we get back. Today there was lots of ball throwing and a long walk and hopefully he's forgiven us. As long as my guilty conscience keeps responding to this 



he's got me right where he wants me. BOL!

Don't forget you can email  me at pabibliophile@gmail.com with your rescue stories, and be sure to follow us on social media. 



No comments:

Post a Comment