Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!



As people today reflect on all the blessings their lives have to offer, I share one of my biggest with you. 


 Not only I am thankful that Wiley and I found each other, but I'm also thankful I have the lifestyle and necessities to keep a pet. 


I can give him (and Jenny) a safe home, good food, quality veterinary care, and face time with me. Some people leave in the morning and don't get home until 12 hours later. I'm blessed to spend plenty of quality time with my furkids. 



I'm blessed to have a husband who didn't bat an eyelid when I told him I wanted to adopt one of the most neurotic and high-needs dogs at the shelter, or when I wanted to add to that insanity by bringing in a stray cat and kittens "just until we can find them homes." And now he loves his foster failure Jenny.


While we're talking about blessings, what a good time to share Katie's little blessing Owen. 



Yesterday I was able to visit Owen and his furry brother Rosco, whom we've shared a number of times before on the blog, for example right here.  



 I may have accidentally taken my turkey hats along, only to find out Owen's Mema had already made him a turkey hat. Two turkeys!


Rosco was so excited to see me, so it was a bit of a challenge to get him to calm down long enough to sit still on the couch with Owen.  


Katie had a trick up her sleeve though. Ice cubes!



Rosco really loves them.


But Rosco really loves everyone and everything!


And while we're sharing adorable kids in this turkey hat. . .


I have to share my niece Sadie, who decided to start celebrating Thanksgiving on Halloween this year.


Is it me, or does that turkey hat make everyone cuter?  



Hmmm. Must remember to test this theory at Thanksgiving dinner this year. 

Happy Thanksgiving from Wiley and me! Enjoy all your blessings, big and small, furry and human.  Email pictures of your pets enjoying the holiday at pabibliophile@gmail.com.



Follow us on social media:  
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rescuedogblog
Twitter: @RescueDogBlog
Instagram: @rescuedogblog  

No comments:

Post a Comment