Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mommy's Little Helper


Do you think it's easy to write a blog full of happy stories about cute dogs and other animals?  Let me tell you something.  Every day, this is the face I see.  Every minute I spend reading your stories and sharing them with our other readers is time that Wiley begrudges me.  It's time taken away from him! 

Once he sees I've settled down with my laptop, he'll start by playing it cool. Here he is just casually lounging next to me.


If he can't get the attention he wants there, then he approaches from the other side.



The couch is barely big enough for him in that spot, but he is undeterred. Here are some pictures I stood up and took, while he remained perched.


"Oh hey there. What? No, this is totally comfortable. There's no place else I'd rather sit."













He will sit for an astonishingly long time as though it were the most comfortable spot in the house. When I look up from the laptop, this is my typical view.



On one occasion, as I sat on our recliner, he crawled onto my lap from the side and put his head between me and the screen. I tried to take a picture; this is the best I could do.



In this one, he was burying his head against my chest, his "pitiful" move.
      ------->



Sometimes he tries another route, the husband. 



Even as he sits there, he stares at me with those eyes. I've tried to explain to him that I'm doing this all for him, but he doesn't seem too impressed with me. At this point, I've known him long enough to know that he is nothing if not relentless, and so we will continue, most likely compromising as we are below.


What about your pets?  Share some cute pictures of them vying for your attention!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment